Sunday, February 5, 2017

Welcome to the new BRICS Blog. To give a little explanation of what the BRICS stands for it is an acronym for five major emerging economic countries.  Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. Originally there where only four countries and in 2010 South Africa was added.
A few facts of the BRICS countries:
Combined they represent over 3.6 billion people.
They have a combined nominal GDP of $16.6 trillion which is roughly 22% of the gross World Product!
The growth in this area has been steady at 3.9% in 2015, 4.6% in 2016 and an expect growth of 5.3% in 2017.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I am actually impressed. Your opening site and page gives excellent statistical and graphical information on the topic at a glance. I am honestly impressed and I personally do not think I would have gone the way you did. The problem is this is something I wish I would have thought to go though. Nicely Done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anthony, I look forward to learning more of international business headlines through your blog page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Until this semester, I never knew that BRICS was an acronym for an association of five major emerging national economies that included Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa that strive to create an economic advantage for 3.6 billion people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was not originally an 'association' however. Take a look at how a 'name' evolved into an association!

    ReplyDelete